People who have problems with blood cholesterol being too high It is necessary to reduce it to normal levels. Because it may lead to other serious diseases. It can come later, such as diabetes , heart disease and blood vessels. clogged arteries Blood flows to various organs. of the body is not enough and can be life-threatening
Cholesterol-lowering medicine It is an alternative and treatment method that doctors will consider for some patients who need to lower their cholesterol to prevent dangerous diseases in the future. But in some cases it may not be necessary. or unable to use cholesterol-lowering medication
Asst. Prof. Dr. Pison Chongtrakul, Pharmacology Department Doctor Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, states that statins It is a drug that reduces bad cholesterol (LDL), increases good cholesterol (HDL), and helps reduce inflammation of the arteries. It is a very useful medicine for people with cardiovascular or brain disease. โปรโมชั่น ufabet
How high is your cholesterol? Do you need to take medicine to lower it?
In people who have not yet had coronary artery disease
- LDL level greater than or equal to 190 mg/dL
- LDL level 70-189 mg/dL and diabetes.
- The risk of developing atherosclerosis in 10 years is greater than or equal to 7.5%, and the last group that will definitely benefit is
- In people who already have clogged arteries, such as myocardial ischemia. Cerebral hemorrhage
What you should know about using statins
- Even though the fat level is at a normal level But people with coronary artery disease Or does the brain still need to be on statin medication forever? To prevent the recurrence of the disease
- Only people who have not yet had cardiovascular or brain disease who have high LDL cholesterol in their blood and are at high risk of developing the disease. Who can benefit from statins? It is assessed by LDL and HDL levels along with gender, age, history of high blood pressure, diabetes , and smoking, etc.
- People who are assessed to have a chance of developing cardiovascular or brain disease (Thai CV rish score) of less than 10% over a 10-year period generally do not need to receive statins.